- Last Name
- First Name
- Arieh, Ed.
- Israel and a Palestinian State: Zero Sum Game? (EB)
- Zmora-Bitan Publishers and ACPR Publishers
- Read Full-Text online and Table of Contents
Summary: This book is about why the Two-State solution can never work. This collection of articles, appendices and documents deals with different aspects of the establishment of a Palestinian state in the Western Land of Israel, thus reducing Israel to the borders of June 4, 1967. This initiative, known as "the peace process", involves a paradox where a minuscule democracy is being forced to provide to its totalitarian enemies - scores of times its size - the only thing that it lacks: territory. In exchange, these dictatorial regimes promise to provide the one and only thing that they lack: peace. The essence of the current process is the establishment of an Arab-Palestinian state in addition to the one that already exists in Jordan, this time in Eretz Israel, beginning with Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem, the cradle of the Hebrew nation and the raison d'etre of Judaism and Zionism...
The authors formed the Ariel Center for Policy Research which publishes the archived review of Nativ since its in inception in 1988. Its 2008 policy proposal,"Framework Proposal for a National Strategy Regarding Judea and Samaria and the Issue of Eretz Israel Arabs" states an objective of "Consolidating a political proposal with the intention of halting Israel’s defeatist campaign that is manifest in its most extreme form in the conduct of the Olmert Government." Its basic policy is what is sometimes called a zero-state solution that rejects the idea of a Palestinian identity, returning Arabs in the Occupied Territories to Jordanian and Egyptian citizenship.  It proposes a unilateral solution that it does not believe Arab states will accept:
- Extending Israeli sovereignty over Judea and Samaria.
- “Jordan is Palestine” and restoration of Jordanian citizenship to the Arabs in Judea and Samaria.
- Municipal autonomy for the Arabs of Judea and Samaria (on the basis of the Camp David Accords) accompanied by a total disarmament of the autonomous areas.
- The areas of Arab settlements located on private property (the Mosaic Program by Dr. Yuval Arnon Ohanna).
- Military liquidation of the military infrastructure in Gaza and according responsibility for the area to Egypt.
- Israeli Arabs: Equal rights in exchange for equal obligations
=>« 04756 · Edit Form · 04758 »